Friday, 10 October 2008

Toward a More Human Architecture


The title of a book I have come a cross today in the library. I only just flipped through, but what I picked up was that the author is saying that today’s (what ever publication date the book has) architecture and urbanism are disconnecting the people living in those structures from their natural habits and the way humans are meant to live.
Although I do not entirely agree with this claim, I could relate the topic of cycles and rhythms to this argument.
It is a fact that we are no longer living like people did in agent times, when everyone was a farmer and completely relying on what they were able to produce on their own fields with their own hands. But I would assume that the natural cycles still apply to nowadays life, even in the city. The book is: Allsopp, B., 1974. Towards a Humane Architecture, London: Muller.

No comments: